Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Street Scents



Today this man, Milton Street, called Michael Nutter a "Watermelon Man" and "white on the inside" after being arrested at 7-11 for not paying traffic tickets.
Street was arrested Monday for outstanding traffic warrants while shopping at a 7-11 on Camden Avenue and Lenola Road. “It was really strange. I went in the 7-11 and I had my back turned, right, and a guy says, ‘Mr. Street,’ and I’m like, ‘Yeah, it’s me, Mr. Street,’ and I pick up my paper and he turned around and said, ‘How you doing,’ he said, ‘You're under arrest,’” Milton Street said.Street said he plans to file a lawsuit against Moorestown, Burlington County Tuesday, saying his arrest interfered with his current campaign for Philadelphia Mayor."This is harassment. You can't be an officer in a town and only know that there's warrants, that are four and five years old, once there is a political election," said Street.“I had parking tickets, I was a scofflaw, but that was 10 years ago,” Street said. “President Clinton smoked marijuana, but he didn’t inhale. I was a scofflaw, but I didn’t inhale.”
On March 1st he's going to have a rally at City Hall and if enough people don't show up, he's going to drop out of the Philadelphia mayoral race.

Let's hope people show up in droves. If he runs it goes to show you that anything can happen I can still live my dream of playing second base at this place:


Give'em hell Uncle Miltie. And Go Phils!









No comments: