Sunday, February 18, 2007

Let's Go State



This past weekend I spent at Penn State. Much has changed there. Campus is vastly different and there is beautiful new baseball field.

This being said I have the following to offer from my trip:

The Tavern Restaurant is fair to average. People go crazy about this place and the unlimited sides are great, but seriously how much cabbage and miniature spaghetti can one eat. Plus when I was there a guy next to me lifted up his hind cheek and farted.
What is good though is the Sin. The Adam's Apple is top notch even if most of the crowd there is a little buttoned-up and loves a good turtleneck Wes Hepner style.

We also visited the Big Easy which I feel is just as good as when I was there. After not seeing Tony for years, he treated us incredibly well and invited upstairs to his new club. Tony eerily reminds me of another young club entrepreneur that we all know. He's done a very nice job though, and the DJ was great. the young college boob was even better.

Another nice new edition is the place called Pickles located on South Allen. I would recommend it for a day drinking place, and its in better shape than the decrepit although newly renovated G-Man.


What was also interesting is that the JR of JR and Sharon fame is still going strong. We saw him at the Cafe and he now is playing with a girl that was at best 18 years old. That JR loves the Joan Jett songs. The years haven't been kind to him. He looked like hell. http://jrsharon.mav.net/bio.shtml

Bottom line though is that State College is always fun. Blue-White game is April 21st and its coupled with a doubleheader against Northwestern in the new baseball park. See you there.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Dick Pickles is a decent time.. I heard the Margarita place next to the Days inn is where the kids hang out. That and with Lucadamo at Players!