Sunday, April 8, 2007

UNACCEPTABLE

A cold Monday in April brings nothing but bad things to our special city, but also brings controversy to THOD, which this contributor enjoys nothing more. Dividing the house, or the blog for that matter is good for business.

As most of you know already, the first week of the season for us Phillies fans and THOD as a whole has been difficult. 1-6 start is not what THOD planned a week ago when we began on what was to be the happiest of days in some time.




But what THOD has an issue with is how our local nine has started. Being very specific, THOD has issues with one player. Carlos Ruiz. In the last two games young Carlos has played in, he's swung at the very first pitch in key situations when the opposition has brought in a brand new pitcher. Common sense would be to take a pitch or two right? Not for Carl. Huge uppercut, sky high pop-up. Quite simply, Carlos Ruinz.

Carl's performance was nothing short of Unacceptable. Based on this, THOD, as always, had come up with various other thoughts and things that are just as unacceptable, listed in no particular order:

Hunts Ketchup

Restaurant Managers who decide to serve this instead of the only good thing to come out of Pittsburgh should be forced to wipe with sandpaper.




Having a DJ at the GYM.

This one I really don't get. My gym membership is an expensive as it is and now I think I know why. What I don't understand is this - take a look around at the gym the next time your there count, I'm sure on one hand too - how many people aren't listening to their own ipod, or tv, or mp3, etc. What irritates me even more is that the obnoxious noise that said DJ bonar produces in his attempt to twist the lastest Mims song more ways than an Avalon shore house whore is so loud that I can't hear my own cario-intensive mix consisting of the best of fuel and the cranberries.


UNACCEPTABLE.




Happy Easter!

Has it every happend to you when you think you're being nice to somone before a holiday weekend, and you through the old, "Happy Easter!" out there to someone only to get return of "I don't celebrate Easter." At this time both parties feel completely awkward in this exchange and really don't know where to go other than to look down at the bad shoes being worn by the disgusting pale and pasty skin of this awful fuck person that has made the conversation suck balls.

UNACCEPTABLE.




My thought is if someone wishes you a "Happy" anything, it should be a rule that you just reply with a thank you, throw out a handshake, or even fist-bump if you'd like. Who gives a shit if you don't celebrate Easter, just suck it up an move on. Nobody cares what you're doing for the weekend, especially on the religious side of things. I know this - if someone last week were to wish me a Happy Passover, or Happy Sader, or Happy Whatever, I'd never break stride and throw out my palm to gladhand instantly. No worries, just smiles.




"Monday, All Day."

Have you ever been in a conversation when you say or think out loud and say, "What's Today?" Inevitable, somebody who's ears must be attracted to that question like the Underworld is to sneeze chimes in and says, "Monday, All Day"


UNACCEPTABLE.

You know what's even worse? Methodically I'm willing to bet that the doofus who likes use his "all day" line laughs everytime to himself when he says it. That might actually annoy me more. I'd love to give the jerk who pulls that stock answer out everytime some asks that innocent question a quick shot to the throat. I'd picture him asking, "Is this going to hurt for a while?" And my response would of course be, "All Day"





Larry Johnson Jersey.




No explanation necessary.


UNACCEPTABLE.

No comments: