Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Iron Shitty

There are few things to cheer about with our local 9, but there's one thing that I can always count on to bring me good spirits when I tend to feel a bit of the you know, whathaveu.
You know what one of those things always is - that tomorrow I won't be waking up living in Pittsburgh.

20070414mf_pirates53_450.jpg
Tom McCarthy who now works for the Mets and actually used to be on the radio broadcast for the Phillies before the bullshit Gary Matthews/Larry Andersen experiment does a real nice job with his comments below...

This is courtesy of one of my favorite websites, www.uniwatchblog.com
Bottom of the 6th during last night’s Mets/Nationals game. A bit of stunned silence in the WFAN radio booth, and then this from Mets broadcaster Tom McCarthy: “They’re just showing on SNY one of Barry Bonds’s two home runs in Pittsburgh tonight, and it’s the first time I’ve gotten a glance at the Pirates’ alternate uniforms. Holy cow, those are ugly.” His broadcast partner Howie Rose chimes in: “That might be the worst-looking baseball uniform I’ve ever seen.”
Up Yours Burghers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it makes perfect sense - if your team colors are black and yellow, why not wear a red shirt?

I don't see why not.

- The Hamburgler