Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Are we alone in this world?

VENKMAN: Can I help you?

PECK: I'm Walter Peck. I represent the Environmental Protection Agency, Third District.

VENKMAN: Great! How's it going down there?

PECK: Are you Peter Venkman?

VENKMAN: Yes, I'm Doctor Venkman.

(fastforward)

PECK: May I please see the storage facility?

VENKMAN: Why do you want to see our storage facility?

PECK: Well, because I'm curious. I want to know more about what you do here. Frankly, there have been a lot of wild stories in the media and we want to assess any possible environmental impact from your operation. For instance, the storage of noxious, possibly hazardous waste materials in your basement. Now either you show me what's down there or I come back with a court order.

VENKMAN: Go ahead! Get a court order. Then I'm gonna sue your ass off for wrongful prosecution. ***


As some of you may know, I have become somewhat of an amateur ghost sleuth. (Any by that I mean I have gone to the Eastern State Penatentary the last few years on Halloween.) Although I have not yet gone on an investigation, I do consider myself to be somewhat knowledgeable in this field. There are several shows currently on TV that satisfy my appetite for examining the super natural. Some are great – Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, and Psychic Detectives come to mind. Other are not so good – Haunted History, Haunted America and Americas Top Psychic are all sub-par. None the less, these shows have provided me with a strong background in this field – from EMF readings, EVP’s and temperature, to orbs, visual evidence, and bogus theories.


As it turns out, I am not alone in this new-found interest. In fact, it looks like this new trend has made its way all the way to the big city. No, I'm not talking about New York City or Philadelphia. I am talking about the biggest city of all… State College, PA.


PARANORMAL STATE is an upcoming half-hour series chronicling the extraordinary life of Ryan Buell and other members of the Penn State University Club "The Paranormal Research Society" (PRS) as they seek to find the truth behind terrifying real life mysteries, hauntings and ghosts. In some ways, the members of PRS are your basic college kids - dealing with the problems of school, dating, and finding their way in the world. The difference is that these students are drawn to examining "other" worlds as well -- working on cases that include ghosts, hauntings and other paranormal phenomena. Each week, they are contacted for help by outside parties ranging from the Catholic Church to ordinary families who are terrified by unusual events in their homes.




Is Rec. Hall is haunted? Why is Old Main so creepy? Is every guy from Beta spawned from the douche-bag? What's in Bonnie's mystery rib sandwich? These questions and more will be answered, come this December on A&E.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's scary and frightening? That you actually might have wrote this post sober.

This writing is stinky heap of shit. Slimy terds at best.

Anonymous said...

Bettlejuice?

Anonymous said...

Beefstick I disagree. It appears as if someone tried to take a cheap shot at Hangdown, but didnt feel it was necessary to leave a full name. I dont get it.